Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Blog !

Ok people, look out! I'm blogging! 
Today I made new Valances for my daughter Eden's room.  She is almost 7 and has been bugging me for a while for new window treatments. We re-arranged her furniture a few weeks ago and I told her if she could keep her new room clean, I would make her new windows. It has been mostly clean, so today was the day to work on them! 
She loves dogs. She wanted her room to be dogs. The only fabric we were finding for a while was brown or not little girl-ish. We were in Hancocks a couple of weeks ago and she shouted out "MOMMY, I FOUND MY FABRIC!" And she did- it is so cute!

 

















I found  a pattern in my pattern box  I had from a while back that I have not ever had the chance to make. It is a Sewing patterns for Dummies, pattern. Now, don't laugh! Patterns for dummies? Yep! Some of them are actually pretty good.  This is is super easy- I did have to move  a seam line from where they said it should be, but other then that, this pattern is a breeze! 

Eden is asleep  right now so I will have to take pictures in the morning.

To complete her new windows, I am going to go to Lowe's and Home Depot tomorrow. They have some fun girls sheer for pretty inexpensive. I have not been able to find a coordinating fabric to make panels out of.  I remember seeing some funky sheers there a while ago on my way back to Lumber Land. 

        I am going to make her a new bedspead with the dog fabric  on one side and large blocks of pink & lime fabrics on the other. I found a great polka dot today that I am thinking about ordering.
 
I will also make her a pillow case and one pillow.  For her birthday, I am thinking about making her a bean bag. She would love that. 

Enough typing.  I am going to go sew something. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment