Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Delaney's Room

Baby Delaney's nursery room is finished! Delaney is the first grand baby born to my husbands family and everyone pitched in to make sure her world is perfect! Some shopped, some painted, I sewed and we all had fun! I just got the pictures of the completed room so here it is!

Karen chose a jungle theme for Delaney's room but didn't want it to be juvenile. It is hard to find commercial bedding for babies that isn't pastel and sticky sweet. Karen and David had a dresser set that they were going to put into the room and so we used that as our color inspiration.

I found a fabric that matched it as close as possible! it is called Oasis and the colorway is Sugar. It had nice bright colors, elephants, and two coordinate fabrics in a floral and a stripe to match! Perfect!
Karen requested a pleated crib skirt . The pleats have a yellow fabric in them but it is hard to spot in the pictures. The crib skirt is almost floor length @ 14 inches. I make all of my crib skirts with slits in the corners for easy installation.

The valance is in the same fabric, with the fun stripe on the pleated sleeves. I love this pattern. I have made it for a few clients as it turns out perfect in any fabric. You can dress it up with bead trim and a swag instead of the flat panel or make it playful like I did here with red puffball fringe. It also does not require large amounts of yardage. This window only needed two yards of fabric!


Karen and her mom found a rug with zebra print on the edges that adds more fun to the room. You can just see it in the bottom corner.

With the extra fabric from the cribskirt and the valance I made a diaper stacker and little flowers that velcro onto the crib. These will be moved out of her reach to other places in the room when she gets a bit older. I also made a blanket for Delaney with her name on it. I had never done applique like this before. It is a time consuming project! It was worth it though as I love how it turned out. Look in the far left of the picture- that is Ryder, Delaney's furry big sister! :) You can just see her nose :)



A friend of Karen's painted Delaney's name onto squares for her room . Look at how amazing they are! She copied parts of the fabric pattern in the squares so it matches perfect!


.

And here is Delaney! I know I am biased as she is my niece but isn't she just the most beautiful baby? I just love her little chin! Too Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment