Sunday, October 25, 2009

Embroidered Roses Brooch

I had my first custom order on etsy this week. It was very exciting!marie requested a brooch embroidered like my pillowcases. I was happy to tackle a new project.
She asked for the background in royal blue. I went to three, oh yes, three fabric stores in the area for the prefect blue fabric. i wanted it to have more of a texture, more visable weave, but oh no, I couldn't find it. I settled on my second choice as it was the perfect color.
I transferred the image to the fabric.

Then I embroidered it. the next step was to put it all together. The brooch has many layers inside: batting, interfacing and cotton interlining.









Here is a picture of it being sewn:





I then embroidered a blanket stitch around the edge.





Here is the completed brooch! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment