Monday, July 2, 2012

The Red Dress of Summer


Eden and I made a dress back in March for her to wear on spring break when we went to Tennessee. It has become her favorite dress!  I picked the fabric- I thought this bandana fabric was  just perfect for Tennessee. Eden chose the pattern. Shake it up is  one of her favorite Disney shows and she went nuts that there was a pattern. Went totally bonkers, actually. I told her I had seen it in the pattern book and she was so upset that I didn't buy it. So next time Simplicity was on sale, I got one for her.  

We made version C. We moved the elastic from where the pattern has it
 at natural waist, to an empire waist. 




Here is the whole dress. Eden is standing in front of our garden, in front
of the mutant zucchini and squash plants.  


Back view. That is my hubby in the background , weeding :) 

Eden cut out the pattern all by herself!!
Eden cut the pattern out, cut the fabric and did about 1/2 the sewing. I did the harder stuff (what she considers harder like the ruffle and the flounce and the top stitching) 



Sophia and I supervised Eden cutting out the pattern 


Bottom Hem .   Eden and I love the cute cotton lace with hearts. 



Eden wanted the cotton lace on the straps, too.  It makes a cute addition!
 This pattern had some  issues in the instructions. It  left out the last steps completely. I think someone at Simplicity saw popularity of the show and acted quick to get the pattern our while there is a demand- but they forgot to proofread it!   
We  plan on making more of these dresses. It is very quick to put together and  Eden loves how comfortable it is.  Since spring break Eden has worn this dress weekly. Now that it is hot as everything here ( 95 today - heat index over 100 ) she  loves it as it is light and cool. 

Eden is wearing her red dress in Tennessee on The Square in Lynchburg  . She is kissin' Belle. 


Eden and I are in Lynchburg Cemetary in the Bedford section.  'cause we're Bedfords.
I am wearing my Jasmine blouse.

@ mile post 6.5  On the way to Nags Head.  June 2012




I asked Eden if she had any messages to give ya'll. She said just to say that she loves her dress-
and  Peace!





1 comment:

  1. She's so stinking cute and so is that dress! Good job you too!

    ReplyDelete