Friday, June 22, 2012

Some Girls are Bigger Than Others

  I found this pattern thrift shopping with Eden the other day- isn't it adorable? It would just look amazing on Eden in a red velour for christmas.  Look at the dress on the left, in blue. How cute in red with a white collar edged in lace? 
(I haven't even  made our Halloween costumes yet and I am already planning her christmas dress!)
 I put the pattern in the sewing room when we got home and went about my day.  Later I looked closer at the pattern, checking for pattern pieces and I noticed something funny.
 Do you see it?  
Look in the upper left corner. 



Here I will enlarge it   for you.

Suitable for Chubbies!



Uhm... What?  Chubbies?  
 Inside the pattern are instructions  on Fitting Chubby Girls.    Seriously.   
At first I was incredulous  that that was even printed on there.  But some girls are bigger than others.   Everything is so PC these days, it seems so insulting to call someone a chubbie, even indirectly on a pattern envelope.   Then I got to thinking. If  patterns would just print that kind of information on each pattern smack dab  on the front  and not worry about offending anyone , it would make things easier.  Honest and  up front.  No sugar coating.

Here are some I would like to see:

Hides a Muffin Top
Suitable for Fat Bottomed Girls
Not suitable over 40. No exceptions. 
  Only Suitable for Bulimic Models  
Suitable for  Boob Jobs
Suitable for Shorties
  or  more PC
Suitable for the Vertically Challenged



Can you think of any more?? 

Send them to me and I will add them!
:)








No comments:

Post a Comment