Sunday, September 25, 2011

Colette's New Bedset


I delivered Colette's new bed set today!   I created the 2 large Euro shams in the back, the three pillows, the bedskirt and the accent blanket. 


  The solid colored bedding and blankets were purchased. 


The thing I call an accent blanket on the end of the bed is really cute.  The edges are scalloped which  echos the edges on the solid blankets.  I don't know what they are called in the real world - you see them in hotels and in magazines. My husband sees no point in them- it is not really a blanket , it does not keep you warm- What is the point? Why not just have a real blanket  instead of a pretend one?  
Beause they are  relatively inexpensive as they use little fabric, and it is  a great way to add a little more pizzaz to a room . And because they are pretty!   And just because... does everything in the world need a logical reason for existence?  :) 



I love the pillows. Pillows are also a fun, inexpensive way to add  personality to a room.

White cording  was added to the edge of this envelope pillow. 
I remembered to take close-up pictures of the pillows right before I delivered them - those are my new Living Room panels in the background :)


Colette is not a frilly type of girl, so I suggested  pleats instead of ruffles on the  striped pillow. She liked that idea.   (I tried to use my ruffler foot to do the pleats but  the ruffler foot is  pain  in my beheiny as it only cooperates with me about once a year. So I pleated by hand- it really didn't take  long.)  


I am on a roll lately, rocking out the custom work.  (It's amazing how much I can accomplish now that my darling daughter is back in school. :) ) 

Next up are panels for Colette's window. She has a beautiful large window in her room. I am going to create  panels with tiny pinch pleats at the top out of white twill , with buttons at the bottom of the pleats. They will be banded on the sides in the floral  (so that the white panels don't show the use  from her opening them and closing them each day. ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment